Q.

how long does it take for depo-provera to take full effect?

I did ask the question but was lead  to everywhere but the answer, how does that help anyone who needs the true answer? I did receive my injection after my last menstrual cycle, how would I figure out when I will be protected, with the smallest chance of getting pregnant. It has been 22 years since I was last on birth control, but we just can't take the chance of my getting pregnant at this time in our lives.

A.

Hi If taken within 5 days of your last period, straight away, but have you looked up about the side effects of Depo shot/Provera, if I was you give it a good read, Just google Depo Provera side effects, its all there, reason, you may not want to stay on it after reading about the side effects.