Q.

I got over a cold about 2 weeks ago. In the past 5 days, every day i wake up, i blow straight blood out of my nose. Help

All day, I have been blowing straight blood out. Only my right nostril. It is very thick, dark colored blood, and it will not stop. Im heading to the doctor tomorrow. Wondering if its worth my time or Can someone help me out on here? its a lot of blood all day

Related Topics: Nose, Nostril, Coldness

A.

You are likely bleeding and re-bleeding from the same nasal site. This may need a quick and easy chemical cauterization of the bleeding site, if your doctor can find it. Most of the time, this will be quite evident. Yes, it is appropriate for you to see your doctor.

Do some Internet research on the proper way to control a nosebleed (many people do it incorrectly).

Are you taking aspirin or any other blood-thinning medications? Are you bruising or bleeding in other areas? If so, your doctor can order a few lab tests to make sure everything is fine.