Q.

how long does it take for tonsils to grow back?

ive been feeling sick lately, sore throat, fever, headaches, cold sweat, dizziness, loss of appetite.. i went in to the doctor, and they said at first that it could be strep, so the tested me, and it turned out not to be strep, so they said, it could be an abscess in the tonsils, i told them ive had my tonsils out since 2. im now 16. could they have grown back?and if so, what should be the next coarse of action?

A.

See an ENT...that would be your next step. Some tonsil remnants can regenerate over time if all tissue was not removed when you were two, especially when you are sick now (tonsils are really lymph tissue).