My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

Large red bump leaking puss on the back of the head.

My boyfriend has a large bump/growth/bubble on the back of his head near his neck that has been there for almost 2 years. When it first appeared he saw a doctor who told him to ignore it if it doesn't bother him. Recently, it has started to hurt with pain increasing as the time goes by. It has become red and come to a head almost like a pimple and is now leaking a whitish fluid kind of like puss.

Related Topics: Acne, Head, Neck, Vision, Pain

Answers from Contributors (2)

47 Answers
8,138 Helpful Votes
1 Follower
3 Answers
2 Helpful Votes

It sounds like it could be a mild form of staff. I had something similar and my doctor gave me pills. But another doctor told me to take a bath in plain water and a cap of bleach and after about a week it went away.

The opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.down arrowThe opinions expressed here are solely those of the User.
User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice. Please see the
bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

1 of 3 found this helpful