Q.

Does Mirena Iud cause false negative pregnancy tests?

I got the Mirena Iud January 10, 2012 after 6 months my period stopped completely for the last 6 weeks though I have been experiencing pregnancy symptoms similar to those of my first pregnancy I have taken 3 at home pregnancy tests and all were negative but my symptoms are intensifying, fatigue, nausea, occasional abdominal cramps, weird bumps in my belly almost like a heartbeat, headaches, loss of appetite, increased gaseous output.

A.
You need to call your gynecologist as soon as possible to determine if you are, in fact, pregnant or if you're having trouble with your IUD.

An intrauterine device (IUD) is considered an effective birth control method, so you should not be able to get pregnant. However, no form of birth control is 100% foolproof.

If you are pregnant and have an IUD, it's important to get a diagnosis as soon as possible. You can't go through an entire pregnancy with an IUD in place.

It's also possible for an IUD to become dislodged or penetrate the uterine wall.

In short, a number of scenarios could cause the symptoms you describe, and you need to find out what's going on as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you!