My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

What kind of doctor treats sciatica?

Related Topics: Sciatica

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

Primary Care
6,467 Answers
73,363 Helpful Votes

Usually a neurosurgeon or orthopedist that specializes or has expertise n back surgery is the "expert". Just because you have sciatica does not imply that you will need any surgical intervention, but it is good to have a specialist examine you. Sometimes, all that is needed is physical therapy.

Your primary care doctor can order an MRI of your low-back to check for nerve impingement.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

422 of 452 found this helpful