When I walk to work, I get a burning pain in my chest, like swallowing a hot potatoes.I am a smoker. What can this be?

Related Topics: Swallow, Burn, Chest, Potato, Walking

If you could provide information about anything happening before walking to work, thirst, pace, distance, temp, etc it would be much appreciated.

However, it sounds like it could be heartburn assuming: you ate a large breakfast with little to drink, you ate no breakfast and stomach is refluxing, if it is vertical in the dead center of your chest (right below throat,) pressing down on it helps... but without any more information I have no idea.