Q.

is a urinary trac infection transferable female to male during sexual intercourse

my boyfriend wants to have sexual intercourse with me. i indeed have a urinary track infection. my question is

is a urinary track infection transferable female to male during sexual intercourse

burning when urinating, few moments later urgency to go again, only to dribble a drops and the burning .

urine is also cloudy 

and strong oder

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer
yes but its unlikely to give to to him cause unlike women males have a very long track and its much harder for a man to get a uit i would say it safe to have sex , to be sure he doesnt get one since there is always a chance tell him to pee after and he shouldnt have any problem you also try to pee after sex,  if you have a uti and based on what you said you do try to drink as much water as you can cranberry juice is also known to help and try not to pee everytime you get the urge to cause this can make it worse and cause bleeding , you have very small viens in the walls of your track which can break when you strain like you do when you have a uit , also if you just got one try the water diet for a day or so if it doesnt get better go to the doctor and get meds be sure to take them all even if you done have the discomfort anymore , i myself have been able to stop a uti with alot of water and trying not to always pee giving my blatter a chance to bluid up pee before going , but this doesnt always work okay :) hope this helps 

A.

Hi You may find this info very interesting.

Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are a common type of infection caused by bacteria (germs). Children, teens, women, and men can get UTIs. Since females are more likely to develop UTIs than males, it's important to know the facts. This guide was created so that you can learn about your urinary tract, how you get a UTI, symptoms, available treatments, and ways to prevent UTIs.
The urinary tract is the path for urine to go from your kidneys to the outside of your body. Urine is made in the kidneys and then travels through hollow tubes called "ureters" to your bladder, where the urine is stored. When your bladder is full, you'll feel an urge to urinate (pee). The urine will leave your body through an opening called the "urethra".
Urine is usually free of bacteria. A urinary tract infection happens when bacteria gets inside your bladder, usually through your urethra (the opening where your urine comes out). Females have shorter urethras than males do, so it is easier for bacteria to enter the urinary tract and cause symptoms. The most common kind of UTI is a bladder infection, which is called cystitis (sis-ti-tis). If the infection affects your urethra, it is called urethritis (ur-e-thri-tis). If your kidneys become infected, it is called pyelonephritis (pie-low-ne-fright-is).
UTIs are not contagious (you can't catch it from anyone else). You are more likely to get a UTI if you have kidney or bladder problems.
Read more: http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/uti.html#ixzz36LBh6WTS
I do hope this helps you, bottom line is you cant get a UTI from having sex.

Good luck