Q.

unexplained weight gain

I lost 75 lbs 3 years ago.  Although I have increased my exercise from twice-a-week Zumba classes to at least five, 1 hour workouts at the gym, I have gained 5-8 pounds.  My diet remains sensible: very low fat, limited bread, rice and seldom a potato, lots of vegetables and fruit.  In January of 2010, I weighed in at 190.5.  By the end of that year, I weighed in at 115.  Since October, 2012,  I am weighing 120 to 123.  I am a 60 year old woman.  Any ideas? 

Related Topics: Fruit, Potato, Rice, Vegetable, Exercise

A.
I say this all the time too. Then I started to write down EVERY single thing that went into my mouth. I was not eating as I thought. Try that. Also, only eat brown rice. You also need meat. Fruit, potatoes and rice have tons of sugar in them. It may be natural, but it still ends up as fat on your body. Try just lean meats, vegetables and high fiber carbs. Exercise is only 10% of weight loss. It is all about what you are eating. And you are not eating properly. Where is the calcium?? Eggs?? Yogurt??