Health & Sex

Q.

Boyfriend brought up sex and I'm kinda scared.

I'm almost 20, still a virgin, and have been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months. He's brought up sex i want to but I'm kinda scared to. He's bought condoms. He got flustered explaining that he wasn't trying to pressure me, it was funny, but I get embarrassed when he brings it up and I'm not on birth control yet and not wanting to have sex without it I don't know where I would get it from, there are so many different types I don't want to get one that messes with my period or my body.

A.

your family doctor or gynecologist can prescribe birth control and give you the side effects of your choices. there are also women's clinics that can provide birth control. all of these usually require a papsmear.

A.
We are alot alike in many ways . I was worried about taking birth control also. I'm taking Junel which is the generic to loestrin. I love it! My cramps barely bother me and it's usually the first day that bothers me. It hasn't altered my periods. The sex thing my now husband waited for me 9mo. and he never pressured me. He actually had me wait longer so that i was positive that i was ready. I too was a virgin i was about to turn 20. I say wait until you are absolutely positive thats who you will be with o and my fella got tested before we did it bc i asked him to. I wasn't his first,but he was mine so never can be too certain. I took bc for 2 months before and we used condoms also until now since we r married. Hope this helps!

A.
Not answering my own question but would like to clarify what kind of person  I am. I have this thing where peer pressure doesn't work on me, regardless of who it is, Ex. Never done drugs, took a sip of alcohol and that was that (nasty stuff, I think I'm allergic to it in fact), still a virgin at 20 I have no pressure when it comes to my actions, if I don't want to do it I don't do it, if I do then I do. I'm asking for help not relationship advice.

A.
Do not get pressured into something you are not ready for! If you aren't comfortable talking about it with him you aren't ready to have intercourse with him. He is buying condoms but " doesn't want to pressure" you? Take a big step back and re-evaluate this relationship.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

flowers behind back
Article
Upset woman sitting on bed
Article

couple kissing
Article
Exercises for Better Sex
Video

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site HonCode: Health on the Net Foundation AdChoices