Q.

Toddler with fever of 103 for 1 week, then fever of 101 for two weeks.

My three year old daughter started running a 103 fever about 3 weeks ago, it lasted for about a week. Also had a swollen lymph node. Doc suspected cat scratch disease, which was negative, and then viral infection. Treated her with Augmentin for 10 days. She developed neck pain and slight stiffness when tilting head back, then stomach pain. Urine culture showed bladder infection, was admitted for IV antibiotics, and put on Cipro upon release. Fever is back of 101, on day 5 of Cipro. Any ideas???

Related Topics: Head, Lymph Node, Neck, Stomach, Running

A.
My son went through this same thing when he was younger, the doctor ran all sorts of tests and did the IV antibiotics and no change. If your daughter is sleeping a lot along with the other symptoms, have her doctor check for mono disease. This is what my son was diagnosed with and it took a month and a half after diagnoses for it to go away. Also try the mixture of ibuprofen and Tylenol together for the fever. I hope she feels better soon. Good luck.