Q.

What's this severe itching between my thighs?

This unbearable itch started about a year ago.  The area is in between my thighs, and the creases of my thighs and buttocks.  The affected area becomes a darker color, seems moist like a lot of sweating, flakey at times and gives off an odor.  My genitals have not been affected, yet.  The itch mainly hits me when I'm undressing from work.  I end up scratching it raw sometimes too.  This all started when I was working at a golf course during a hot season and constantly outdoors.  What is this?

Related Topics: Buttocks, Genitalia, Thigh, Sweating, Itch

A.
A person cannot be accurately diagnosed by symptoms alone. You will need to have a medical examination. It has been a year of annoyance, so I would suggest that you do something about it. See your doctor or a dermatologist, but this problem can be effectively treated.

You may have tinea curis (a fungal infection); perhaps secondarily infected from your scratching. This is just a guess however, since I can't SEE it.