Q.

Hello. I am an 18 year old cheerleader. I haven't seen my period since late October last year. Any advice?

Hello. I am an 18 year old cheerleader. I haven't seen my period since late October last year. Since then, I had protected sex once. The condom didnt burst or anything and I took two pregnancy tests that came out negative. Also, since October I had two serious falls on my back due to cheerleading and a chest infection. I was given two different sets of medication for these incidents. I'm a bit worried as to why my period is so late. Any advice?

A.

My advice is for you to see a gynecologist to determine why your menses is delayed. There are hormonal ways of correcting this problem.

A.
I agree with the above advice, however I would also recommend going to a doctor and checking for any internal damage from your falls. I did cheer also and understand the risks and accidents that happen with the "sport". Make sure when you took your pregnancy tests that they were taken correctly, by this I mean that you waited the proper amount of time.