Q.

i went to the doctor and am being treated for strep but after three days of antibiotics

i still have spots in my throat and i am still in a lot of pain.

Related Topics: Throat, Pain, Antibiotic

A.

Unless your doctor actually did a test (rapid strep test or culture) to CONFIRM that you have Strep, the diagnosis could be incorrect. You may have a viral infection or even Mono. Obviously, since I can't examine you, I have no way of making that important diagnostic call. Most viral infections improve on day four (even if you do nothing), so if you are not improving, you need to see your medical provider again.