Q.

Does rubbing vicks vapor rub on the bottom of your feet when you have a cold work? If so, can I do this on my 1 yr old?

My 1 year old has a cold with runny/stuffy nose and cough.  Many mothers including my own have told me to rub vicks on the bottom of her feet and put socks on her at bed time.  I've done it on mine but didn't notice a difference.  I only did it a couple of nights though. 

Thank you,
C

Related Topics: Foot, Cough, Coldness, Stuffy Nose

A.

No, it will not work or help the cold symptoms. It will just make his feet smell like Vicks.

Don't tell your mother or grandmother that I told you this, but Vicks on the feet is absolutely worthless.

A.

Just try it.  It worked for my kids.  Rub on feet and put on socks and within a 10-20 minutes the cough will lessen.  Also marshamallow root is good for cough & chest congestion.  It sells in extract form.