Q.

I fell walking my dog a couple days ago and tried to stop myself with my wrist now it and my thumb are very sore

I have very little movement in my wrist and I can't open anything using that hand and or thumb....It's very sore....I tried ice and it only took doen the swelling but not the pain.

Related Topics: Hand, Wrist, Movement, Walking, Dog

A.
Could be a sprain, a fracture, your thumb could have been jammed, or you bruisied the bone during the fall and that hurts tremendously! Take ibuprofen it also helps swelling and pain. keep icing it, and as much as it hurts DO NOT baby it, or not use it. you need to try and move your wrist and thumb as much as possible, it hurts really bad i know but if you baby it you can cause stiffness and sometimes they have to break bones and reset them due to severe stiffness. If  the horrible pain continues longer than 10-14 days i say see a doctor.