Q.

Can my low blood sugars be the cause of significant weight gain?

I am a type 1 diabetic and on my last visit to my doctor she increased my insulin dosage.  I weighed 193 pounds and wanted to lose a bit of weight, so i stopped eating so much.  It has caused my blood sugars to run low and even though I stopped eating so much I have been gaining weight very fast.  In 2 weeks I have gone from 193 pounds to 204 pounds.

A.
I am a type 2 diabetic and every time my insulin is increased, I gain 10 pounds. Even though doctors tell you insulin doesn't make you gain weight, I don't believe it.

Joanne