Q.

I am a diabetic and have a painful infected cyst under my left arm that is seeping with a distinct odor what do I do?

I have taken antibiotics for several months and warm compresses to drain it and it keeps coming back. I have had it for two years now and was told with the diabetes that I need to have it surgically removed because the infection could cause me to lose my arm or worse if not taken care of properly. Is it something that the hospital should admit me for? They say it will just keep coming back that I can't just have it lanced or drained I need to have it packed so it heals from the inside out.

Related Topics: Diabetes, Arm, Drainage, Antibiotic, Healing

A.

yes you need to have it surgically removed. if it is done properly and packed from the inside to heal you have much less a chance for it to come back. i had a pylonital cyst that was the size of a baseball that was draining i had it lanced and drained and wicks put in but it did not go away until i had it surgically removed. being diabetic the infection feeds off your diabeties, causing high sugars which will cause the infection to get worse too! and yes because of your diabeties you can loose your arm or worse if you do not get it taken care of properly