Q.

It feels like my heart is racing, but my pulse rate is normal, and I feel out of breath.What could this be?

I do suffer from anxiety. I have taken natural supplements that promote relaxation and that usually helps with my anxiety. Recently my heart has been acting this way and I've tried taking the supplements thinking its part of my anxiety, but nothing changes.

Related Topics: Anxiety, Heart

A.
Definitely sounds like anxiety. I have anxiety and sometimes have constant heart palpitations from it.
Check your sugar intake. Are you eating properly. Not having too much caffeine. Check your potassium levels too. All those could be effecting your heart rate as well.

A.
There are many possibilities of causes in my experience. From bad sleep habits. To caffeine intake, sugar. Which all effect cortisol levels. Excessive exercise.

Is it 24/7? How is your sleep? Or is it more random bursts?

I'm just someone who has been to the psychiatrist about my "Generalized Anxiety Disorder"

So many possible natural supplements as well, that have great user reviews. Magnesium, Rhodiola rosea, Meditation, L-theanine, Omega 3s... Minus the meditation and rhodiola (which really does have great reviews for anxiety, but doesn't work for me). Could it be that your diet is deficient in any of those? Deficient in sleep? Night shift? 

A.
I would ask your doctor if it's possible that you have panic disorder. To me it sounds like you're having "baby" panic attacks, but I'm not an expert. I've had panic disorder for about five years, and that is how mine started.