Q.

I have had a mucus producing cough for 3 months, can this be caused by allergies?

I have seen Doctors and they all say it is probably from allergies.

Related Topics: Allergy, Cough, Mucus

A.

Have you been tested for Ashma or Bronchitis?sounds like that's what might be going on beens you have had the cough for such a long time. Or even have test for TB or Emphazema better safe that sorry right? Best of luck to you. I am a nurse with 4 other medical degrees so I cant diagnos you but I am leaning toward Bronchitis.

A.
Without a fever, it's possible; but you really should be evaluated by your doctor. Three months is a long time to be going through this. Even when you're sick with a virus or bacterial infection, you don't always get a fever - one of the obvious signs you're ill. Hope you feel better.

A.

If the mucus - from your nose - is dark yellow or greenish - you have a bacterial sinus infection - see an ENT for evaluation. I had it for quite awhile before being diagnosed - ugh.

Good luck!