Q.

30 year old male with severe pain during urination until urine flows, severe lower back pain, fever of 103.4...any ideas

The symptoms started around about 4 am january 15, at the start of urination, the pain is so severe that i have to sit down to urinate.  I dont have any drainage, leaking, or discharge.  The skin surrounding the opening in the urethra is irritated and bright red. My urine color ranges from pale yellow to yellow-orange.  For the past 4 days I have been drinking all natural juices, mainly cranberry.

Related Topics: Skin, Urethra, Fever, Juice

A.
I wold suggest you get to an ER ASAP.  I recently had these symptoms and it turned out to be prostatitis.  How it happens, thy don't know. You are a young man should not be having this problem in your young life.  However, there could be something else relative to kidneys.  Get to the ER or your primary physician NOW! 

A.
I know this was a year ago, so I'm answering it only because if someone else has similar symptoms, he or she may see this.

Your description most closely matches that of a severe UTI, probably a raging kidney infection, and if you didn't go to an Emergency Department of a local hospital for immediate treatment, I hate to think what would have happened to you by now!

I used to get them a lot; in fact, last time I was in the hospital, they discovered I had a UTI.

I hope you got treatment. Anyone with your symptoms should consider them a true emergency. We human beings cannot live without our kidneys!