Q.

what could persistent pain in both of my achilllies tendon be cause by or is it a symptom of something else?

Related Topics: Tendon, Pain

A.
I don't know if you wear high heels a lot but it can cause like a tightening of the tendons because they are not stretched out from time to time. I had this and I had to wear lower heels and stretch multiple times a day. Just stretch the achilles tendon by pointing your toes towards you slowly 10-20 reps daily. also don't wear heels that dig into that area. Try wearing lower heeled shoes for awhile, you can also stretch like that @ work. Capasaicin cream (might be spelled wrong) is great, it burns at first but put it on for 6 weeks, my pain is gone for years!! my podiatrist recommended it and I never needed anything else with the combination of stretching also. good luck.

A.
One possible explanation could be achilles tendinitis.  I had achilles tendinitis when I was younger and I would feel the pain whenever I would play sports or be active.  I know you said the pain is persistent, but if you're a very active person or have a job that requires you walking around a lot, achilles tendinitis is a possible answer.  Regardless, if you want the best advice, see you doctor.

A.

Hi, In the UK we call this policemen's heel, its to do with the way the old bobby's used to stretch there heels and feet, I have had that oh, painful, but help is at hand with a cortisone injection.

Now when its better you will want to thank me but?

Do hope this works for you, like me.

A.
My achillies tendons are still enlarged but I have to wear shoes that don't irritate them.I was told that women that wear high heels get this problem with their tendons but I don't wear heels so I'm not sure why I got this.I would go to the doctor to see if your blood tests come back ok.