Q.

Does a migraine always include pain or can you just have light sensitivity?

Related Topics: Migraine, Photosensitivity, Pain

A.
I have migraines often and they do not always come with pain. I have auras and when I have these I do not have pain. Auras are pretty nasty in their own right. Weird funky lines in the peripheral vision. I will feel slightly off kilter and they can last from a few seconds to several minutes but I never get the headache when I get these. I have had all kinds of work ups for this and that is what it boils down to. My migraines are from my neck arthritis and they are fierce when they hit so having just visual manifestations are just fine by me.

A.
migraines usually come with pain, it could just be issues with your vision if it's just light sensitivity but i highly recommend going to an eye doctor asap i have had my friend ignore migraines  and unfortunately it turned out to a benign brain tumor. when it comes to the braint of the human body it the most complicated su[er computer in the world, it's all about finding the issue asap. god forbid. i'm sure you just need special lenses that's all but better safe then sorry.

A.

not all migraines come with pain. there are silent migraine that can cause issues like numbness to face slurred speech [ symptoms like a STROKE or TIA ] and even temporarily paralyzing  half your body depending on the area of migraine in the brain [right or left side] these are only a few symptoms of SILENT MIGRANES!!!!!

A.
Migraine should always be assessed by your doctor. I suffer migraine like headaches and yes I sometimes get "aura" and no head pain. The periphriel vision contains fractured appearance almost like looking through broken panes of glass. I get severe chronic head pain from my cervical spine osteoarthritis. The small nerves "rami" become compressed and head pain can last, for me, anywhere from a few hours to the longest of 13 days. One difference is that no medication works to treat mine the best way is avoidance and stress which stiffens the shoulder and neck muscles begin the process of compression at the paraspinal muscles. I have in the past had Botox injections for these the last working for two years.

A.
migraines are always accompanied by pain and frequently accompanied by light sensitivity. Try to stay away from any light that hurts your eyes. Once the pain subsides the light sensitivity should also. If it continues I would suggest you see your eye doctor.