Q.

what causes an child's lip to peel?

Our grandbaby lips are peeling to the point that he is picking the area causing brusing and blood spots. This child is well hydrated drinks tons of water..The parents have taken him to the doctor however, the result, put vaseline on the area place mitts on his hands. I have applied the vaseline to the area per the Parents request. Today when my grandbaby woke up the lips were inflamed. My question,what else can be used in place of the vaseline Is chapstick appropriate for child under 3?

Related Topics: Drinking, Bruise, Hand, Lip

A.
Picking the area would definitely cause inflammation, so on top of placing oven mitts on his hands, talk to him about the importance of leaving his peeling lips alone.  The peeling could simply be chapped lips which is a very common thing in the winter.  For chapped lips, I've always used Carmex.  Just a suggestion.  Hope this helps.