Q.

How Long should I wait to pass a Kidney Stone before I seek Medical Help

Related Topics: Kidney Stone

Best Answer 
A.
Most Helpful Answer
Not an expert here but just saying... there might be a wait, even a long wait like 3-5 hours at ER if have to go and then the stone could pass while you're waiting - stone would have already passed after much suffering, and there might be dehydration from the suffering, don't know. Might be better to add a little buffer time by going in early but don't know if kidney stones always require a doctor's visit.

A.

I have passed alot of kidney stones and most I did without seeing a doctor. This is not always a wise thing to do. Unfortuantly you do not know what size the stone is.  I tried for 3 days to pass the last one I had and finally had my husband take me to the ER. It saved my life. I ended up in ICU on a resperator and feeding tube because I waited so long. The stone was 9mm and blocked the tube, backing up in my system. It shocked my heart and lungs and tht is why I ended up in ICU.  I ended up having numerous treatments and surgerys to get that stone and the other ones taken care of. If you try for more than a day and can't pass it then I would highly recommend seeking medical help. It isn't worth the risk trying for to long to do it on your own.

A.
Kidney stone.... very bad pain I had experience. And I know it's important to get medical help. As you ask, It;s depend on your pain because if you feel more pain then its wise to seek medical help than waiting.