Q.

I can hear my heartbeat as a squeeking noise coming from my throat. It changes with position,possible causes?

-I am a 20yr old male otherwise healthy, active 
-I have been able to hear the noise for around 5-6 
years now
-The noise is positional and affected by inspiration, the deeper i inhale the better i can hear the noise emmanating from my mouth/throat
-the noise corresponds to my heartbeat 
-i would describe the noise as whooshing or high pitched,depending on respiration/position, and quite short.
-doctor also heard a functional heart murmur at birth/childhood.
-noise can be stopped by closing throat.
Related Topics: Heart, Mouth, Heart Murmur, Birth

A.
Not sure if you saw a doctor about this, or if the doctor had heard the heart murmur before you started experiencing this. See a cardiologist/otolaryngologist as soon as you can to help properly figure out what is going on. Your health is nothing to mess around with. My grandfather was 31 years old; in the Air Force; had seen declared "healthy as a horse" by his doctor; and passed away from a heart attack the next day. Don't stop until you find a doctor who'll finally tell you what's going on. Good luck. 

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: