Q.

Sharp temporary cramping under left rib cage? It comes and goes throughout the day. Hurts to breathe.

I have been experiencing this cramping under my left rib cage. It spreads up into my breast area. I am not sure what this can be but it is a very sharp pain-just like a cramp. When it's cramping it hurts to breathe deeply because it's like it pulls that area. It is happening a lot lately, but the first time I remember having this happen was when I was 12-13 (so 10 years ago) and I just thought it had to do with puberty. It hasn't happened in a long time. I am really concerned.

Related Topics: Breast, Ribcage, Pain, Cramps, Puberty

A.

I am not a doctor but I get the same thing & my doc told me its trapped gas.I bought aloe vera juice & you take 4 ounces & it hhelps alot.Tass just like water thats why I take it LOL you have to get it fro a health food store.Hope this helps...Tami :)

A.
Went to the ER with similar pain all tests came back negative except CT scan with dye, I ended up with CHF , fluid around the heart and fluid in the lungs, all this time I thought this was stress because my husband has been dealing with side effects from Septic Shock.  This was my fourth trip  to the ER, so don"t give up if you feel there is something not right keep having them check you out..

A.

I would ask you if you have been under a great deal of stress recently? It sounds like the pain most people get from having an ulcer. If you have been under a lot of stress it is quite possible that you have an ulcer in your intestines causing the pain. I recommend talking to your doctor and asking if you should have an upper GI test done. If you have ulcers you can cure them by taking Slipper Elm Bark pills found at your local natural foods store. One per day should be good unless you have more than one ulcer. If this is the case take one with each meal for a couple of weeks for either doseage. I recommend the pills over surgery. If you can't swallow pills the stuff comes in a pwder form that you can mix into a hot beverage or put in a food that can mask the taste. It does not have a pleasant flavor.

A.

Did you find resolution?  I have the same problem and for me it is unrelated to a heart condition, kidneys, or stress related (that has an entirely different feeling).  I have had this happen since I was a child but it only last a few minutes.  This time around it has lasted over 12 hours and I am still seeking an answer.

A.
I don't know what preview means but basically it means you have trapped gas or a disease so go strait to the ER (emergency room) or grab you iPad and go sit up on that toilet! And watch out for cats!