Q.

What can I expect after being diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the knee?

I was diagnosed as likely having ankylosing spondylitis 3 years ago after extreme swelling in the knees and having tests done.
 Now looking at my MRI's there are no signs of spondylitis but there is osteoarthritis and inflamed cartilage.
 I was told I would be given pain medicine and referred to a physical therapist. 
 For 3 years I have accepted that I would either degenerate or have to take very intense drugs, but now that the diagnosis has changed I wonder what the prognosis might be.

Related Topics: Spondylitis, Cartilage, Knee, Drug

A.

I also have osteoarthritis in my joints.  I have been using celadrin for the past 2 months and have noticed a huge difference in the swelling and pain level in my knees.  I don't feel the grinding any more either.  Maybe you can ask your Dr. about this?