Q.

Can I get pergnant after a partial hysterectomy?

My uterus was removed but my overies and tubes are still in tact. Is there a slim chance I could get pregnant?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Ovary, Uterus, Hysterectomy

A.
Yes you can, not the norm but  you still ovulate and if those eggs get caught in the tube and are fertilized then you have a tubal pregnancy which is life threatening, also again not the norm but it can happen where a fertilized egg leaves the tube free floating and  attaches itself to abdominal organs and starts to grow, presenting itself like a tumor.

I answer this from having 14 years in High Risk Labor and Delivery and have seen these happen. Very rare but it can happen.