Q.

no period after only having one depo shot

I got the depo shot on Sept 15 2012. In Oct. I got a period and also in Nov. I decided i didn't want to get the shot which i had to go in on the 7th of Dec. to get it. I did have intercourse on the 6th of Dec and it was unprotected. I was expecting a period on the 24th of Dec and it did not come. I am afraid I may be pregnant but i keep getting negative's. I just want my period to return and i have been to two dr's that say it is a side effect of the shot but why after 3 months no period. 

A.

I got the depo shot after I had my son in 97 I didnt have my period till 00 till this day my periods have not been normal and I have not been able to get pregnet for over 14 yrs

A.
It is the way the medication works to shut down ovulation. Should restart soon. Also keep in mind that stress can interfere with your cycle too. If you are terribly concerned about pregnancy ask for a serum pregnancy test to calm your fears. For future reference use protection when you are unsure about your contraceptive method.