Q.

i have the mirena IUD and recently i had unprotcect sex, could i be pregnant?

my partner didnt pull out before ejaculating, and no other form of birth control was used, sorry for the over share but i need a straight answer.

A.
I worked as an LPN in Women's Health for 20 years. Mirena is a wonderfully effective BC method you should have very few worries regarding pregnancy. It does not however offer any protection from STDs your provider will have made you aware of these risks along with making sure you know how to properly check for the strings of your Mirena manually, check every month following your cycle as long as you can feel the strings ( they feel similar to fishing line) and you are confident in your partners sexual good health. You shouldn't  be worried about contraception for up to 5 years from the date of insertion so enjoy hope my answer was helpful. 

A.

The only definite birth control is abstinence. Regardless of the kind you use, be it pills, Depo, IUD, etc, there is always a chance of getting pregnant, however small it may be. I have two friends that got pregnant on birth control. The only way to be completely sure if you are pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test.

A.

Mirena is birthcontrol.

Im pretty sure that the IUD is a type of birthcontrol one of the most effective types. some people get it to help with heavy periods but usually just birthcontrol.... so my answer would be most likely you are not pregnant i guess its possible but usually IUDs are good for five years.