Q.

Have I dislocated my knee?

A few years ago, maybe four, I was running around when my very large dog ran into my leg. I felt a big pop and I thought I had broken my leg (I was only about 9 or 10). My father didn't take me to the hospital and I have never seen a doctor concerning it. My dad has Osgoods and my mother has chondromalacia. Since the first incident, my knee has 'twisted', or what have you, at least 7 times.

Related Topics: Dislocation, Knee, Leg, Running, Dog

A.
Only a doctor could correctly diagnose this problem through x-rays. It sounds like you quite possibly may have damaged something within your knee. Get it checked out as soon as you can.

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: