Q.

Is it normal to have drainage and pain the day after a cyst was drained at the doctor's office?

Yesterday I went to the doctor because I had discovered a painful bump in my groin area.  The doctor said it was a cyst that had attached itself to the lymph node.  She numbed the area and cut it open to drain it.  She prescribed pain pills and antibiotics and I go back on Monday.  I still have severe pain in the area almost 36 hours later.  Also the area seems hard to the touch and the drainage has increased.  Is this normal? 
Related Topics: Cyst, Lymph Node, Drainage, Pain, Antibiotic

A.
I would say yes. My dad had a cyst on his bicep and had it cut open and drained. It hurt him for a couple of days and it did have drainage. If it still concerns you ask your doctor Monday when you see Him/Her . I hope this helped you