Q.

What causes a sudden onset of vertigo while lying down or turning while lying down?

Within the last two weeks I have begun to experience sudden vertigo while lying down or just turning while lying down, if I try to stand up I am completely disoriented.  I do not understand what is causing this, i am not on any medication, don't drink or smoke. What could be causing this?

A.

In the last week I have begun to experience sudden vertigo while lying down, if I try to to stand up I become completely disoriented. What could be causing this? I do take Lisinopril 20mg and Terazosin 5mg for prostrate, do not smoke or drink.