Q.

What does it mean when you pass a HUGE blood clot during your period?

I was awakened this morning around 5 am with terrible pain in my groin area.  It hurt from my uterus all the way to the outside of my vagina....I woke up and sat up and proceeded to entirely SOAK a new pad in blood.  I went to the bathroom to discover a HUGE clot that I had passed.  I am really concerned about this.  If anyone has any answers to this please let me know!  

Related Topics: Period, Blood Clot, Uterus, Vagina, Pain

A.

I might not be the best to answer your question! BUT I have experienced this myself, when I was 12. I had my FIRST period when I was 12, and it lasted for 3 months, I was embarrassed to tell my mom cause I was young and very sheltered and didnt know alot about it back then, but once I had big clots I told her, and my doctor put me on birth control to stop and regulate my bleeding.

I know after pregancy blood clots could mean you are hemmorhaging, I think its something youll want to call your doctor about, because its not normal, but Im not sure what causes it.