A.

Yes.  I suffer from anxiety and when I feel very anxious I can literally bring on a seizure.  I went on Zoloft for the anxiety and it is very rare that I have a stressed related seizure anymore.

A.

Absolutely!  I have had seizures (related to bilateral frontal lobe brain atrophy) for more than 30 years.  But neurologists (along with physchiatrists) have also diagnosed a condition known as psychogenic non-epileptic disorder.  I experience severe anxiety, chronic tension headaches and chronic migraine headaches.  I am currently taking Lamictal & Topomax, Klonopin & Inderal, as well as, some "as needed" meds for treatment of the headaches.  I mention the headaches as they are factored into my increased anxiety; therefore they, too, are factored into the occurance of the seizures. Internalization of stress most definitely increases the possibility of an occurance.  Consequently, I was a registered nurse for more than 20 years, however I held a position in Management/Administration at a Long Term Care Facility and was forced into disability due to the increased frequency and intensity of the seizures partly related to the increased stress that comes with working in this area of the medical field along with the everyday gride of home and family.