Q.

I have white foamy urine during high blood sugar, I know I don't drink enough water, could this be the cause?

I've noticed that when my blood sugar gets high, I tend to have foamy urine, I know I don't drink enough water, and I drink pop often. I get lab work done every 3 months or so, and they haven't said anything about kidney problems. what could this be? I'm 20 years old and a type 1 diabetic (been so for 19 years). help is appreciated, thanks!

Related Topics: Drinking, Diabetes, Kidney, Blood Sugar

A.

Is it actually white? Or cloudy? Cloudy urine can be caused by dehydration and diabetes, although there can be many other causes. Drinking water usually clears it up. As for foaming, that can be caused by urinating rapidly or just having a lot of protein being filtered out by the kidneys. Most people think of the kidneys as just filtering waste from the body, but they also serve as a regulator for levels in the body such as glucose, blood pressure, protein, and many other things.