Q.

Im nauseous after eating, diarrhea, decreased appetite n bloating. I had the same symptoms 2 weeks ago. Gastroenteritis?

Female, 32 years old and not pregnant.

A.

I am 30 years old and not pregnant either, but have been bloated, nauseous and burping for two months now. I fill full all the time.  My sister started with similar symptons three weeks ago now.  Something is very strange about this.  We thought it could be the winter weather change due to lack of sunlight.  I eat a very healthy and bland diet and feel very healthy otherwise.  I do not take any drugs, not even birth control.  My sister thinks we have too much melatonin hormone.  She read in a hormone book that we may have high levels in the winter that remain in our gut and cause high acid levels in the stomach, thus creating bloating and gas.  I thought I may have cysts so I went to the doctor for that, but all was fine. We are trying light therapy too so the daytime melatonin is not produced. I am only five days into that.