Q.

Can you help with condylox genital warts treatment and side effects?

Hi, I have used the treatment for the 3days twice a day and now it is sore, swollen, the skin in white with little open skin marks where warts used to be. Also, it is a little smelly.

Is this normal?
The warts appear to have gone but I can't even wipe myself properly once been to the toilet although, it doesnt hurt when I do go..
I hope you can help.
Related Topics: Wart, Skin, Swelling

A.

The most common side effect of this treatment is what you are experiencing, namely burning and irritation. Assuming you have used this agent properly, the cure rate is higher than some other methods. The chemical, podophyllotoxin, causes necrosis and destruction of the condyloma and a bit of the surrounding healthy tissue. This can appear burned, white, or even black. This is expected.

Soon, this damaged tissue will heal and you should be returning to normal, but you will need to be carefully examined again, since some of the smaller condyloma may have escaped destruction and will also need carefully treated.