Q.

I am postmenopausal. Can I still get pregnant?

I am 53 years old and have not had a period since May 2011.

Related Topics: Period, Pregnancy, Post-Menopause

A.

Some postmenopausal women are wistful about the fact that they are no longer able to conceive a baby. Even if another child is not in the cards, menopause marks the end of reproductive life and the end of an era.

However, many women find that menopause comes as a relief, as there is no longer any need to worry about hormonal contraception, unplanned pregnancies, or untimely periods. However, even though you can't get pregnant after menopause, you could still contract asexually transmitted disease (STD), so it is important to remember to practice safe sex by using a barrier method such as a condom or female condom.

A.

YES!!!!

I have a 4 year old son to prove it. I was 42 when I had him. My periods were not normal. I had a period about every 3 months and they lasted 3 weeks. My son was a great surprise. God never ceases to amaze me.

A.
Maybe so but not likely...if any pregnancy occurs, it is very possible that it's caught in the tubes in which case would cause a surgical procedure to occur; if this were to happen it is dangerous to the mother. Anyway, there have been cases where women in their 50's give childbirth but it is one thing to give life and another to nurture it-