Q.

I am postmenopausal. Can I still get pregnant?

I am 53 years old and have not had a period since May 2011.

Related Topics: Period, Pregnancy, Post-Menopause

A.
Thank you for asking

With periods off for the last 4 years, you are surely post menopausal and its the time when human body is out of hormones as well as ova reserves to get pregnant.  No matter what you do, pregnancy is impossible after menopause. Any sort of menses like bleeding if you are getting will be abnormal and should be immediately evaluated for local pathologies like malignancy or genital tract infections. 
I hope it helps.
Regards
Dr S Khan
eHealthDesk

A.
If you really want to get pregnant I would research a fertility specialist in your area. There was a segment on "The Dr's" television show, where a woman had a hysterectomy and later had an egg harvested and had somebody carry her baby for her.  I would not have thought this was possible. If this is something you really want, make sure you contact several specialists and get more than one opinion. Good luck. 

A.
If you experienced some menopausal symptoms, and now you are at postmenopausal stage. This is the statement quoted from an article on the website "Womenshealth": "Once you have gone through menopause, you can't get pregnant anymore. Some people call the years leading up to a woman's last period menopause, but that time actually is the menopausal transition, or perimenopause". 

A.
Hi there! I know a natural way that can help you conceive a child. I know this is a critical age to conceive but trust me sometimes prescribed meds cannot help you what you want. I am talking about Biofield Treatment. I know people call it faith healing and what not but I have had my sister conceiving two kids after undergoing this therapy. She could not conceive because she had PCOS. This treatment is all natural so why not give it a try. You never know the possibilities. I hope this helps. I am sharing in a video URL that can help you with this topic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOX7l9yI_zY