Q.

what causes a high white blood cell count & a high platelet count?

A.
Because of the high number of possible conditions that could cause these blood test results, it's impossible to tell you in a forum like this exactly what the cause is.

I suggest you consult the health care provider who ordered the test for an explanation. Your personal medical history plays a big role in interpreting any test results, and your primary health care provider is in the best position to tell you what these results mean for you.

Take care!