Q.

I have some sort of white chunky residue in my urine everytime I use the bathroom, could this be a yeast infection?

Related Topics: Yeast Infection

Family Medicine
A.

In females, vaginal yeast infections can cause burning, itching and sometimes a whitish chunky discharge. 

Yeast is normally found in the vagina in very small amounts. A yeast infection happens when this yeast begins to grow out of control. Things that can cause this to happen include:

• Antibiotics

• Hormones

• Pregnancy

• Diabetes

• Weakened immune system

But there are other things that can also cause white discharge from the vagina. 

You should make an appointment with your doctor or your gynecologist to see what is causing your symptoms.