Q.

I have some kidney stones in my bladder. Causing much pain and discomfort. Going to Dr. this week. What can he do?

I had a Ct scan and it showed 6 kidney stones in the kidney and also some that are in the bladder. I keep having UTI's and my MD thinks it is because of the kidney stones trapped in the bladder. I can't figure how they can get those to pass. Is this rare? I haven't ever heard of this.

A.

The bladder stones may have started in your kidneys and migrated south to the bladder. Some of the small ones can pass in your urine, but bigger ones can be problematic, especially in your kidney. Passing a stone, even a tiny one, from the kidney to the bladder, is a very painful experience. Hopefully, the doctor you are seeing is a urologist. If not, you will need to get a referral. This is not rare. I have been there...done that.

Kidney stones should be analyzed, so you may be given a screen or filter to strain your urine. The stones can be sent to the lab to determine their composition. This may help your doctors prevent new stones from forming. You need to drink lots and lots of water.

Stones that are trapped in the kidney may need to be pulverized....blasted with sound waves until they can pass. This procedure is called a lithotripsy. Sometimes, larger bladder stones, ureter stones, or kidney stones will need to be surgically removed.

A.

December30th, 2012,

I have taken my baby girl of 12 yrs. old to Beth 
Israel emergency hospital and they have not came and even thought that the possibilities of my child is stones, i am very upset and i will be taking her again tomorrow at 12 /30 2012 and if this is what she has i want to sue them for Medical Malpractice.. A concern mother so if there are any  lawyer that can help me with this situation please feel free to call me at 347-675-9331 Ms.Diana Zambrana my daughter name is Amaya Marie Rosado Zambrana,,, 

Please be professional and curdiest ..

Sincerely
Ms.  Diana Zambrana