Q.

I have bumps on my head that act like zits but are harder to pop. there is a hard white piece that comes out. what is it

So these bumps that are on my head are hard to pop, but if i keep messing with them they eventually pop there are hard white pieces that come out.Sometimes they act like zits and the whitish puss stuff comes out like any other zit. but anyways, the hard white piece comes out and I had thought they were calcium deposits. the last one that I had popped a small round hard piece came out that looked like an onion. that it had layers of "skin" and was probably mush on the inside.  what is it?

Related Topics: Acne, Head, Skin, Calcium, Onion

A.
I don't know what these bumps are, but I suggest you see a medical professional for a diagnosis.

In general, it's a bad idea to squeeze or pop skin bumps or lesions because when you do this you create a hole in the skin that infectious bacteria can enter through. This can lead to an infection, loss of skin, scarring, etc.

Lumps on the scalp aren't exactly uncommon. It's possible these are cysts or lipomas. Only a health care provider can say for sure.

All the best to you!

A.

They most likely are Milias. This is a type of whitehead, you have to get them removed by a dermatologist. I get them everyday and my Dr. uses a Hydracator (medical equipment) to remove them. He uses a needle and sort of touches them (zap) and they will turn red and heal in 4- 7 days. Gook luck!

A.

I had those several years ago. My doctor at the time called them WINS. She said they were a small tumor like under skin on my head. She removed them in the doctor office, small incision, popped them out, and tied my hair together with string instead of stitches. I would'nt pop them out myself, should let the doctor do it for sure. Hope this helps.