Health & Sex

Q.

I allowed a girl to give me unprotected oral sex; I never ejaculated and her lips and teeth seem ok. What are my risk?

I allowed a girl that I just met to perform unprotected oral sex to me (a blowjob).  I never ejaculated and her lips and teeth seem fine.  Yet I am still nervis because she has been with a lot of guys.  What are my risk?  Please advice.  Thank you.

A.

There is a risk of contracting a sexually-transmitted disease through unprotected oral sex. Herpes, Chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis, and a few others are possible. Ejaculation is not required to acquire an STD...just a penis without a condom is all that it takes.  I have no way of calculating your risk, but if your oral partner has been with a lot of guys, you sort of just had sex with all of them.

I am glad that her teeth and lips were fine, but you need to do more than just a dental exam. You need to be more selective with your partners, and practice safer sex. That way, you will not have to worry.

The bottom line: You may have been exposed to an STD. If you are having any signs or symptoms of any of these STDs (you need to do some homework), then you will need to see a medical provider so you can be properly examined and tested.

Condoms are so much more inexpensive than medical visits, diagnostic tests, and sleepless nights filled with worry. They are inexpensive, readily available, and they fit in your wallet. Use 'em next time and from now on.

Post Your AnswerCancel

While writing your answer, you may find these tips helpful:

• Please try to keep your answer short and to the point. Be sure the answer is specific to the question asked.
  • To help protect your privacy, you should never submit any question or answer that includes personal information such as a name, phone number, email address, or mailing address.
  • Have a reference? Please include it to support your answer.

Today on WebMD

couple not communicating
How to tell when you're in one.
couple face to face
Get your love life back on track.

couple having an argument
Turn spats into solutions
couple in argument
When to call it quits.

Life Cycle of a Penis
Article
HIV Myth Facts
Slideshow

How Healthy is Your Sex Life
Quiz
Couple in bed
Video

6 Tips For Teens
Article
Close-up of young man
Article

screening tests for men
Slideshow
HPV Vaccine Future
Article

Important: The opinions expressed in WebMD User-generated content areas like communities, reviews, ratings, blogs, or WebMD Answers are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider WebMD User-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

URAC: Accredited Health Web Site TRUSTe online privacy certification HONcode Seal AdChoices