Q.

I am having trouble keeping my penis hard during vaginal sex. The feeling/sensation in my penis seems to disappear.

I am having trouble keeping my penis hard during vaginal sex. Often times, the feeling/sensation in my penis seems to disappear, and my "hard-on" quickly disappears. This is never an issue with oral sex or from handjobs, and alcohol is not a factor either. This is the first steady girlfriend I have ever had, and find her beyond attractive, more so than anyone other sexual partner in my past. I have never had a steady sexual partner in my past, so the problem never had a chance to come to light.

Related Topics: Sexual Intercourse, Penis, Vagina

A.
Your problem could be psychological or physical, or perhaps, even a bit of both. Either way, the erectile dysfunction can be easily rectified with several different medicines designed to increase (and maintain) blood flow engorgement to the penis. If you maintain your erection longer, you will not likely have any related performance anxiety, so the problem could fix itself with a little blue pill. You may not always need it, but you may find this to be a temporary solution. These require a prescription, so you will need to ask your medical provider.

Just one "failure to perform" could create a feeling that it will happen again, so this is where the psychological component plays a role. Assuming you do not have any underlying medical issues or psychological stresses affecting your life at the moment, this should get you back in the saddle again.