Q.

I've had chest/neck/back pain recently with bad headaches, does this sound like stress or something more?

Last night I had a lot of chest and back pain, with no apparent cause. I have been having neck aches and headaches over the past week, and I know it wasn't a panic attack (I've had them before). Is this just stress related or should I be more concerned? About 2 months ago I got a new job which has been a stressful adjustment. I've also been very tired recently, and it almost feels like my brain isn't working correctly. It's like I can feel something is missing mentally that used to be there.

Related Topics: Stress, Brain, Chest, Neck, Drowsiness

A.
I'm sorry to hear you're suffering like this. It's bad enough to take on a new job without then coming down with mysterious physical symptoms!

Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell whether this is serious or not. Obviously, you should know the symptoms of a heart attack and also know the risk factors for heart disease. While anyone can have a heart attack, it's more likely among people with multiple risk factors.

I would suggest you make an appointment with your primary health care provider to evaluate your symptoms. Your provider probably will want to run some tests, such as blood work or possibly and EKG. Many medical conditions could cause the symptoms you describe, including low thyroid. Your health care provider can correlate your health history with your new symptoms to arrive at a diagnosis.

I hope you feel better soon!