My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

if you have lots of fluid in your shoulders and other things going on what kind of doc should I see.

Had an MRI the tech said I was full of fluid, and that other things are going on in there. She said I have to wait until the radiologist sent the results to my doctor. I want to know what kind of doctor is my doctor going to recommend. When I asked the tech well do I have bursitis and tendinitis, oh yeah with sooo much fluid. I have it in both shoulders. What kind of doctor will I have to see about this?  .  


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

General Medicine
1,458 Answers
65,295 Helpful Votes
Generally, when we talk about "fluid" in the shoulder, we're talking about bursitis, which is inflammation of one or more tiny bursa sacs that help lubricate the shoulder joint. The fluid in question usually is excessive fluid within the bursa sac.

If it turns out you have bursitis, chances are your primary care provider will deal with it. Usually, the main treatment for bursitis is rest and possibly physical therapy. Surgery normally isn't indicated for bursitis.

Hope this helps!

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

16 of 20 found this helpful