Q.

why are my gums white looking today?

I have one of my wisdom teeth coming through that have been giving me a lot of pain the last week and a half. I dont know if it could be because of an infection?
Also I think my anemia is back since i have not been taking Iron pills anymore and i seen that may be linked to my unhealthy looking gums?
Related Topics: Anemia, Iron, Pain, Wisdom Tooth

A.
Light-colored gums can be a sign of several conditions, so you may want to have them checked out by a medical professional.

You're right that pale gums can signal anemia. Instead of racing to that conclusion and self-medicating, however, it would be best to get a diagnostic blood test.

Usually, an infection in the gums is signaled by angry, red tissue instead of pale tissue. Also, an infection usually would be localized to the immediate area. It wouldn't affect the entirety of your gums.

It's also possible that your gums aren't that pale, at all. Your new focus on your wisdom tooth coming in may have led you to examine your gums more frequently. They may always have been pale but you didn't notice it until you started looking at them recently.

At any rate, your best bet is to see a dentist or health care provider if your pale gums are bothering you.

Take care!